Glad to have you back for this week's IBM i Pulse! Each week we'll take a deeper look at the latest IBM i and Profound Logic news. This week we are looking at the cyber-security threats of tomorrow and the economic growth from AI.
From Our Experts:
- Ted Holt discuses Easy Date Difference in his latest article for IT Jungle.
Profound Logic News:
- Introducing NodeRun: Bringing Node.js to the Cloud
- New to Profound UI? Check out this Introduction to Profound UI Genie video.
- Learn how to Create Your First Profound.js Web Service.
- This Profound Pro Tip discusses how to Vertically Center HTML Container in a Grid.
- Profound UI Version 6 has a new Fix Pack 2.1 that is available now!
AI, IoT, and Edge Computing Drive Cyber-security Concerns for 2019 by Macy Bayern
New and emerging technologies are on the rise, and as companies begin to adopt these technologies they open themselves up to new cyber risks. The push for more connected systems is putting critical data and intellectual property at risk according to Forcepoint's Cyber-security Predictions Report. The report indicates that over the past year several large-scale breaches have impacted user privacy and data. But there is hope. 2019 is set to see a bevy of new and improved cyber-security technologies hit the market that will offer new options for protection.
Artificial Intelligence on the Edge by Anna Marrah
No doubt you have heard of the vast possibilities that Artificial Intelligence (AI) can bring to your business. What those possibilities also bring is a radical transformation of our economy as well. Faster than any other technological revolution in the history of our country, AI is growing our economy at a rapid pace. According to the McKinsey Global Institute report, AI could add over $13 trillion dollars of global wealth by the year 2030, which would equate to 1.2 percent of growth per year. With all the possibilities that AI brings to the table, Anna discusses some of the ways that organizations can integrate AI tech into their business models to tap into this global economic boom.