Glad to have you back for this week's IBM i Pulse! Each week we'll take a deeper look at the latest IBM i and Profound Logic news. This week we are looking at an interview on security within the IBM i and a strategic look at application modernization.
From Our Experts:
- Alex Roytman recently wrote a piece on Building Real-World Cognitive Solutions for the latest COMMON Connect article.
Profound Logic News:
- Profound Logic and IBM Systems will partner together for a webinar on Adding Professional Services for Sure-Fire Project Success on March 25th, 2019. Register today!
- Here is a quick Intro to Profound UI DDS Conversion tool.
- Learn The 4 Fundamental Concepts of Using Profound.js and Node.js on IBM i.
- This Profound Pro Tip discusses the Using Your IBM i Tables with NodeRun.
- Profound UI Version 6 has a new Fix Pack 2.1 that is available now!
Robin Tatam on IBM i Security by Paul Tuohy
Survey of Application Modernization Strategies by Joseph Gulla
Application modernization can be a daunting task, especially if you don't know where to start or what strategy is best for your company. Creating a plan of action designed to support your application modernization effort is important to do before you begin. In this article, Joseph put together a list of high-level actions that are needed for you to begin your application modernization project.
- Sources and Methods - When you do a study, even an informal one, it’s necessary to gather a large enough sample so that the data you discover can inform your work.
- What's a Strategy and How is it Developed - A strategy is a policy that describes the plan to move forward, the strategy describes the way that the handling of an application’s modernization is going to play out.
- Thought Leaders - Technology companies, industry-focused consultants, and technology firms can assist you in developing an application modernization roadmap.