Glad to have you back for this week's IBM i Pulse! Each week we'll take a deeper look at the latest IBM i and Profound Logic news. This week we are looking at the highlights of 2018 for the IBM i and the predictions for 2019.
From Our Experts:
- Ted Holt discuses Easy Date Difference in his latest article for IT Jungle.
Profound Logic News:
- Introducing NodeRun: Bringing Node.js to the Cloud
- Enjoy 10 Tips and Tricks to Profound UI Visual Designer V6.
- See how Profound.js is the Future of Open Source Development.
- This Profound Pro Tip discusses the 3 UI's Used with Profound.js.
- Profound UI Version 6 has a new Fix Pack 1.2 that is available now!
10 Amazing Things That Happened in 2018 by Jesse Gorzinski
2018 brought an amazing amount of new and updated things for the IBM i platform. Jesse Gorzinski from IBM System Magazine highlights the top 10 amazing things that happened in 2018 for the IBM i. Here are those highlights of 2018:
- Yum and RPM Packages
- Node.js Db2 Connectivity Improvements
- Client Success Stories
- Third-Party RPM Repositories
- Machine Learning Technology
- Node.js 10 and Community Integration
- Containers Became Easier Than Ever
- New Support Offering
- Community, Community, Community!
2019 Predictions: IBM i Trend Spotting by Alex Woodie
As good as 2018 was for the IBM i platform. Many predict that 2019 could be an even bigger game changer for the platform. So what could happen this year? A public cloud service by IBM? True application modernization from big blue? More production deployments of Open Source services?
Whatever happens in 2019, customers are yearning for new tools and software that integrate with their IBM i. Alex from IT Jungle speaks to some of the experts in the field to see what they think will be the new developments in 2019.