Glad to have you back for this week's IBM i Pulse! Each week we'll take a deeper look at the latest IBM i and Profound Logic news. This week we are looking at 5 technologies that could change the world and a deep dive into the needs of the IBM i world.
From Our Experts:
- Ted Holt discuses Easy Date Difference in his latest article for IT Jungle.
Profound Logic News:
- Profound Logic conducted a survey on What is The State of Your IBM i Modernization and IT Jungle discussed the results of that survey recently.
- Here is a simple introduction to our Profound UI Grid Widget.
- Get Started with Profound.js to see if it is right for you!
- This Profound Pro Tip discusses the Using Charts with the Profound UI Designer.
- Profound UI Version 6 has a new Fix Pack 2.1 that is available now!
5 Big Technology Innovations of 2019: IBM Unveils How They Will Transform All Our Lives by Bernard Marr
Each year IBM researches the 5 ways technology will/can change the world over the next 5 years. This has been an on-going theme for "Big Blue" for several years now and this year their focus is on using technology to reduce hunger and waste throughout the world. The next 5 years will see the world's population hit 8 billion people and 1 billion of those people will not have adequate access to food supplies that are necessary for a healthy life. In addition, close to 45% of the world's food supply is currently lost to waste. So how can technology be leveraged to help fill in this important gap? Here are the 5 things that IBM is focused on doing to help combat world hunger:
- From Tiny Seeds, Digital Twins Can Grow
- A Bountiful Blockchain Harvest
- Microbiomes - Genetic Analysis of Bacteria and Microbes
- AI "Dinner Plate Detectives"
- Taking in the Trash - A Revolution in Recycling
To see all the details on this article click here.
IBM i Has Been Getting with the Program For Years by Timothy Prickett Morgan
IBM has recently been doing an increasingly good job of embracing the most important elements of the modern programming toolbox. IBM has worked to embrace new technologies, often with the active help of "IBMers" in the community who utilize their technology on a day to day basis.
The 2019 IBM i Marketplace Survey was recently released and it provides some helpful insight into what is taking place on the programming front lines. With over 700 respondents (stretching from the US, Canada, Europe, and Latin America and other countries) this survey gives a unique and insightful look into the inner workings of an IBM i shop and will give IBM the continued knowledge to embrace the technologies that people want and use.