Glad to have you back for this week's IBM i Pulse! Each week we'll take a deeper look at the latest IBM i and Profound Logic news. This week we are looking at IBM's commitment to Open Source technology and we look at debunking some legacy platform myths.
From Our Experts:
- Ted Holt's latest IT Jungle article Addresses A Legitimate Question.
Profound Logic News:
- Recently Profound UI Mobile Client Offers Offline Mode for customers.
- Profound UI PC Command Listener lets you integrate your browser screen with other PC applications.
- See how Profound.js and RPG are the Perfect Partners.
- Here is how you Use Your IBM i Tables with NodeRun in this Profound Pro Tip.
- Profound UI Version 6 has a new Fix Pack that is available now!
Industry News:A Game Changer for Open Source Support by Jesse Gorzinski
The open source world has brought new and exciting capabilities to the IBM i and giving businesses new and exciting ways to drive innovation to their IBM i (formally the AS 400) platform. Having access to new technology is great, but if that technology is not dependable and sustainable than the value is minimal to a business. IBM recognizes the need for these new technologies and making them dependable and stable has become a high priority. With that in mind, IBM has announced the creation of IBM i open source support offerings.Debunking Legacy Myths by Alex Woodie
The recent modernization rush has helped to digitally transform businesses in recent years, but with the infuse of new technology can come scrutiny for legacy systems like the IBM i. Blind loyalty to a specific platform or technology is never a smart choice for dynamic businesses, even if they have the decades-long reputation that IBM has. Failure to be open to new digital technologies can stifle your business growth and put you behind your competition. Providers of these new technologies can make some questionable claims about the nature of legacy systems to sway decision-makers though.