This weekend begins the 2017 COMMON Annual Meeting and Exposition (May 7th-10th 2017) in Orlando Florida. This annual meeting is world's largest gathering of IBM i professionals, educators, and software vendors. Profound Logic, a leader in IBM i Enterprise Modernization solutions, is pleased to be attending once again this year.
At this years COMMON meeting Profound Logic has several new and exciting announcements to make:
- We will unveil the release of Profound.js 2.0 with Connector and Enhanced JumpStart Module.
- Our IBM i Evangelists Scott Klement, Brian May, Liam Allan, and Alex Roytman, will lead nearly 20 educational sessions and hands-on labs.
- Profound Logic customer San Diego Regional Center will be announced as the runner-up winner of COMMON's Annual Innovation Award.
Along with the above announcements, Profound Logic will once again be a proud Elite sponsor at the COMMON Conference and a sponsor of COMMON's IT Executive Conference as well as a vendor in the Exposition Hall. Attendees can meet the Profound Logic Team at Booth #504 for live product demonstrations and register for prizes.
Profound.js 2.0 with Connector and Enhanced JumpStart Module
At last years COMMON, Profound Logic announced the plans to support Node.js for IBM i modernization with a new product, Profound.js. For this year's meeting we are announcing our expansion of the capabilities of our Node.js products with the release of our Profound.js 2.0.
"The benefits of using Node.js on IBM i are numerous," says Alex Roytman, Profound Logic CEO. "With Profound.js, companies will be able to integrate new or converted Node.js applications with their existing RPG applications, as well as open up a whole new world of open-source possibilities on IBM i, including Watson and Internet of Things. They will be able to retain their existing IBM i investment while enjoying the latest in cutting edge business capabilities. It really is the best of both worlds."
Profound.js 2.0 will now be available as a standalone, downloadable product and include the following new modules:
- Free Node.js Framework and Visual Designer
- Commercial Connector module that provides connectivity to IBM i resources like DB2, programs, commands, service programs, and operating system API.
- Enhanced JumpStart module (available with Profound UI) that enables users to automatically generate Node.js code, as well as modern RPG and PHP code.
Profound Evangelists and Educational Sessions
Profound Logic's IBM i Evangelists will be giving nearly 20 sessions and hands-on labs at this year's COMMON Conference. We're also giving in-booth demonstrations and presentations on all three days of the expo, in Booth #504. The complete list of sessions can be found at: www.profoundlogic.com/COMMON17. Here are some highlights of Profound Logic's sessions:
- Brian May – (14BK) Hiring and Retaining Development Talent - Sunday, May 7 | 12:45pm - 2:00pm
- Scott Klement & David Russo - (16AG) The World of Node.js on IBM i - Sunday, May 7 | 3:45pm – 5:00pm
- Liam Allan - (21AD) Open-Source ILE Concepts - Monday, May 8 | 8:00am - 9:15am
- Scott Klement – (35AG) Getting Started with APIs from RPG - Tuesday, May 9 | 2:00pm - 3:15pm
- Alex Roytman – (41CL) Node.js &RPG: The Perfect Partners for Business Applications - Wednesday, May 10 | 8:00am - 9:15am
COMMON's Annual Innovation Award
Every year COMMON holds their annual Innovation Award which recognizes outstanding innovation in the application of advanced business computing technology to improve efficiency, enhance customer service or promote business excellence.
Award winners exhibit excellence in utilizing new technologies to create significant business value by delivering new solutions faster, improving the quality and capability of existing solutions or improving the economics around solution implementation.
This year Profound Logic is being recognized as the runner-up winner for COMMON's Annual Innovation Award for our work with San Diego Regional Center by creating a mobile IBM i application that not only helped their business, but also helped communicate during a time of crisis. Check out the case study that we did with them.
Attendees can sign up to get real-time reminders of Profound Logic's sessions, announcements and giveaways at www.profoundlogic.com/COMMON17 and via the Twitter hashtag #TEAMPROFOUND.
At Profound Logic, our mission is to provide the most innovative and native solutions for IBM i application development and modernization. For over 15 years, we have helped thousands of customers around the world transform legacy interfaces and source code; develop modern desktop and mobile applications; and optimize enterprise systems. Our developers are true IBM i experts, fluent in modern languages that include RPG, PHP, HTML5, and Node.js.
We have offices in Ohio, California, and Mississippi, in addition to partners located around the world. Learn more at www.profoundlogic.com or contact us at 877-224-7768.