Glad to have you back for this week's IBM i Pulse! Each week we will be taking a deeper look at the latest IBM i and Profound Logic news.
From Our Experts:
- Ted Holt released the second part in his Wow! I Could Have Had Long Column Names! series.
- Brian May discusses his Internship Tales with MC Press Online.
Profound Logic in the News
- Brenntag North America finds the solution for IBM i (AS/400) application with Profound Logic: Continuous Improvement: Within Reach, Without Fear (via IT Jungle)
- Press release: Profound Logic Announces Membership in Node.js Foundation
New Educational Resources
- Our new Profound.js Video series, featuring videos from Alex Roytman and Liam Allan, will jump start your Node-on-IBM i projects. Start using Node.js to modernize your applications today!
- Our newest video shows how to Modularize Your IBM i Code with Profound.js Converter.
- Profound UI v5.12 is now available, and includes enhancements to the Visual Designer, Genie, and JumpStart. Learn more here.
An Interview with Open Table: Make Your Reservation with Node by Tracy Hinds
With more then 23 million users per month, Open Table has made 1.4 billion reservations sense it was founded in 1998, chances are you or someone you know has used Open Table's app to make a dinner reservation. In 2013 their team made their first commitment to Node.js and have continued their development ever sense. The Open Table team relies on Node for front-end, API and full stack development to collect millions of data across restaurant websites.
Tracy Hinds interviewed Thomas Hunter, Principal Software Engineer of OpenTable:
"I think one of the best benefits of using Node is that it’s much easier to create prototypes, or even to start any application from scratch. More concrete of an example of this would be, if you want to consume data from another service, and that service is returning your JSON data."
Announcing IBM i 7.3 TR3 and IBM i 7.2 TR7 by Steve Wills
This month IBM announced their latest Technology Refreshes for both the IBM i 7.3 TR3 and IBM i 7.2 TR7 and Steve gives a high level break down of some of the updates that come with these refreshes. IBM routinely releases updates twice a year allowing parts of the IBM i OS to fulfill some customer concerns between major releases. The Technology Refreshes (TR) have become a key component for IBM to support their clients.
Some highlights are:
- Db2 for IBM i enhancements
- New USB Installation Process
- IBM i Support of the 4767 Cryptographic Co-Processor
November 15th-17th Profound Logic will be hosting our 2nd annual PLUS Seminar for their customers. Get the most value from your Profound Logic investment and assure your modernization success. Register here today!