Glad to have you back for this week's IBM i Pulse! Each week we will be taking a deeper look at the latest IBM i and Profound Logic news.
From Our Experts:
- Ted Holt released the second part in his Error Handling in SQL PL series.
- Brian May discusses the benefits of RPG's On-Exit opcode.
Profound Logic in the News
- Brenntag North America finds the solution for IBM i (AS/400) application with Profound Logic: Continuous Improvement: Within Reach, Without Fear (via IT Jungle)
- Press release: Profound Logic Announces Membership in Node.js Foundation
New Educational Resources
- Our new Profound.js Video series, featuring videos from Alex Roytman and Liam Allan, will jumpstart your Node-on-IBM i projects. Start using Node.js to modernize your applications today!
- Profound UI v5.12 is now available, and includes enhancements to the Visual Designer, Genie, and JumpStart. Learn more here.
IBM Watson: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know by Rich Smith
In the last 6 years we have seen and read a lot about Watson, but there are still so many questions about Watson's capabilities, its learning abilities and more. Check out some of the highlights of the interview with IBM Vice President Ed Harbour who is head of the Watson project.
"Watson technologies are trained by humans to understand information specific to different industries, specialties, and languages -- in other words, Watson learns in an expert way, not just a general way."
How to Make the Case for Hardware and Software Modernization by Kayla Matthews
In the software and technology world, retro is the last thing you want. Owning and using legacy hardware or software is never something to be proud of — especially if you’re interested in efficiency and security.
Modernization starts with the higher-ups, sure, but the problem starts with getting them onboard. This article covers four arguments you can take to management to make your case for modernizing your business ASAP.
November 15th-17th Profound Logic will be hosting our 2nd annual PLUS Seminar for their customers. Get the most value from your Profound Logic investment and assure your modernization success. Register here today!