Glad to have you back for this week's IBM i Pulse! Each week we will be taking a deeper look at the latest IBM i and Profound Logic news.
From Our Experts:
- Ted Holt shows you how to Remove Unwated Trailing Blanks With LPEX for IT Jungle.
- Brian May tells you how to Clean Up Your Mess! With RPG's On-Exit for MC Press Online.
Profound Logic in the News
- Brenntag North America finds the solution for IBM i (AS/400) application with Profound Logic: Continuous Improvement: Within Reach, Without Fear (via IT Jungle)
- Press release: Profound.js 2.0 Extends the Power of AgileModernization and Node.js on IBM i
New Educational Resources
- Our new Profound.js Video series, featuring videos from Alex Roytman and Liam Allan, will jump start your Node-on-IBM i projects. Start using Node.js to modernize your applications today!
- Alex Roytman gave a presentation on how Node.js and RPG are the perfect partners for your business development.
- Profound UI v5.12 is now available, and includes enhancements to the Visual Designer, Genie, and JumpStart. Learn more here.
Deep Thinking in IBM Rochester with Watson Atalytics by Steve Wills & Charlie Guarino
Charlie recently attended the IBM i Driveway to Watson Event which was a two day event highlighting IBM's Watson's cognitive abilities for your IBM i. Some of the sessions they offered were:
- Introduction to Bluemix
- Introduction to Watson
- Connecting Watson to IBM i from Open Source (On-premises vs Cloud)
- Prepping and Untangling Data from Watson
- Db2 for i and the Art of the Possible with Watson Services in Bluemix
- Db2 for i and Watson Analytics
- Connecting RPG to the World
- Rest APIs for IBM i
- Client Stories: Real-world Stories and Successes
- Hands-on with RPG and Web Services
- Hands-on with Database
- Hands-on with Open Source
Charlie had some great insight on several of the sessions... read his insights here.
Node.js 8 Moves into Long-Term Support & Node.js 9 Becomes New Current Release Line by Node.js Foundation
The Node.js Project also released Node.js 9.0.0 for developers who are interested in testing and experimentation. This release focuses on adding and testing new bleeding-edge features and is frequently updated. Therefore it is not recommended for those using Node.js in production.
November 15th-17th Profound Logic will be hosting our 2nd annual PLUS Seminar for their customers. Get the most value from your Profound Logic investment and assure your modernization success. Register here today!