Glad to have you back for this week's IBM i Pulse! Each week we will be taking a deeper look at the latest IBM i and Profound Logic news.
From Our Experts:
- Ted Holt has Three Ways To Manage Unmatched Data with IT Jungle.
- Brian May talks about how to Updating Your RPG Skills with MC Press.
Profound Logic in the News
- Alex Roytman and Liam Allan discuss Creating a New Coding Framework Called Profound.js with Paul Tuohy.
(via IBM Systems Magazine)
- Press release: Profound Logic Announces Membership in Node.js Foundation
New Educational Resources
- Our new Profound.js Video series, featuring videos from Alex Roytman and Liam Allan, will jump start your Node-on-IBM i projects. Start using Node.js to modernize your applications today!
- Featured Video: Alex Roytman visited the IBM Driveway to Watson event and gave an example on how Profound.js can use Watson to use Image Recogniztion tool to help identify certain images.
- Profound UI v5.12 is now available, and includes enhancements to the Visual Designer, Genie, and JumpStart. Learn more here.
HackerOne CEO Talks About Joining the Node.js Foundation by Node.js Foundation
In October of 2017, HackerOne joined the Node.js Foundation; recently the Node.js Foundation interviewed their CEO Marten Mickos on the importance of Node.js and participating in open source. Here is some quotes from that interview:
"Node.js Foundation’s mission is to foster and grow the Node.js community, who are building the backbone of the internet. Our approach to security is also an open source model — security research and testing through collective community efforts."
"It’s important for us to help foster a community supplying the code for the web applications that power our connected world while partnering to help ensure it’s secure. Together, we can build as safer internet."
Deep Thinking in IBM Rochester With Watson Analytics by Steve Will
Steve gives Charlie Guarino an opportunity to guest write on his IBM Systems Magazine blog, and Charlie discusses his excitment on the upcoming IBM Driveway to Watson event (see highlights from the first event that Alex Roytman helped present at here).
Here are some of the highlight that Charlie is excited for at the event:
- Introduction to Bluemix
- Introduction to Watson
- Connecting Watson to IBM i from Open Source (On-premises vs Cloud)
- Db2 for i and the Art of the Possible with Watson Services in Bluemix
- Db2 for i and Watson Analytics
- Connecting RPG to the World
- Rest APIs for IBM i
- Hands-on with Open Source
November 15th-17th Profound Logic will be hosting our 2nd annual PLUS Seminar for their customers. Get the most value from your Profound Logic investment and assure your modernization success. Register here today!