Glad to have you back for this week's IBM i Pulse! Each week we'll take a deeper look at the latest IBM i and Profound Logic news. This week we are looking at the new releases from Node.js and one of the biggest acquisition from IBM.
From Our Experts:
- Amanda Blackburn shows you how to Break Out of Your RPG Comfort Zone in the latest IT Jungle article.
Profound Logic News:
- Profound UI Version 6 has a new Fix Pack that is available now!
- Check out the details on the Latest Updates to our Visual Designer.
October brings Node.js 10.x to LTS and Node.js 11 to Current by Node.js Foundation
This article answers some questions you might have about these new releases, including:
- What version you should use?
- What are the Node.js 10.x performance gains?
- What is exciting about Node.js 10.x becoming an LTS?
- What is still experimental with Node.js 10.x?
- What is new with Node.js 11?
- And more!
The Impact On IBM i of Big Blue's Acquisition of Red Hat by Timothy Prickett Morgan
This last Sunday was a history-making day when IBM announced that they had acquired one of the world's most successful open source infrastructure software companies, Red Hat, for $34 billion dollars. This acquisition is far greater than any other made by IBM (over 10 times in value of their previous high). That kind of financial commitment to an acquisition shows just how serious IBM is about the Open Source market and what they intend to do to be major players. The question is what does this acquisition mean for IBM i in particular? Some of the immediate benefits that will be seen are:
- Enterprise-grade open hybrid clouds
- A path to migrate traditional workloads to the cloud
- Consistent management across multiple clouds
- A cloud that is secure to the core