Glad to have you back for this week's IBM i Pulse! Each week we will be taking a deeper look at the latest IBM i and Profound Logic news.
From Our Experts:
- Ted Holt discusses Odds and Ends in his latest Guru blog for IT Jungle.
- Liam Allan's ILEditor was highlighted as the 2nd most popular IBM i project on GitHub by IT Jungle.
Profound Logic News:
- Profound Logic recently announced their Expansion of Professional Services to Include Node.js.
- New on-demand webinar available: Make Applications You'll Love with RPG and Node.js
- See how Profound.js can connect your RPG to Watson's Natural Language API in this video.
- Alex Roytman gives an example of the power of Profound.js when he Takes Control of His Tesla with Profound.js.
- Profound UI 5.14 is now available! Learn more about the latest version here or Download the latest version.
- Learn about Creating Interactive Charts with Profound UI with this Profound Pro Tip.
COSMO Membership and Beyond by COMMON User Group
With COMMON's spring conference POWERUp18 just a few days away, COMMON wants to remind you to register for COSMO, the COMMON community site. This site is here to help keep you up to date on important information, help you register for events, participate in community discussions, and much more. Basic membership to COMSO is free and easy to sign up for.
After signing up to join the community, make sure that you take the time to vote in the 2018 COMMON Board of Directors election. There are four candidates that are vying for three open positions and you have until May 22nd at 5 p.m. CST to vote. We are happy to announce that our own Scott Klement is one of the four candidates up for election and we encourage you to vote for him before the deadline! To review Scott, and the other candidate's bios, click here.
Voting is only open to active individual members of COMMON and to the official representative of active Corporate Members and User Group Members.
The Future of IBM i at COMMON POWERUp18 by Steve Will
With the 30th anniversary of the IBM i this year, the focus of this year's COMMON POWERUp18 conference is the future of IBM i, that is why the slogan is "30 years of innovation and we're just getting started!" With this in mind, Steve highlights a few aspects of the conference that will also focus on the future of IBM i.
Client Stories - Through out the past few months, IBM Systems Magazine has been collecting client stories on how they are adopting technology that’s very powerful and helps their organization succeed. Besides publishing these stories on the IBM i 30th-anniversary site, some of these clients will be at POWERUp18 discussing their success stories.
POWER Panels - These panels were put together to help participants of POWERUp18 to truly learn about, and influence, the future of IBM i. These panels are focused on several topics including modernization, open source, partnering for success, Backup Recovery and High Availability, cognitive and security.
Skill-Based Sessions - If there is a technology out there that can help advance your career or business, then that technology is in your future. The COMMON conference gives participants dozens of ways to look towards their future by participating in skill-based sessions.
Fresh Faces - During the POWERUp18 conference, the new class of Fresh Faces will be announced for 2018. These young members of the IBM i community are the future of IBM i, and thus celebrated for their achievements at such a young age.