Glad to have you back for this week's IBM i Pulse! Each week we will be taking a deeper look at the latest IBM i and Profound Logic news.
From Our Experts:
- Ted Holt discusses Refactoring into Routines in his latest Guru blog for IT Jungle.
Profound Logic News:
- Profound Logic recently announced their Expansion of Professional Services to Include Node.js.
- New on-demand webinar available: Make Applications You'll Love with RPG and Node.js
- See how Profound.js can connect your RPG to Watson's Facial Recognition tool in this video.
- Alex Roytman shows you the secret to building a database-driven single-page Node.js application.
- Profound UI 5.14 is now available! Learn more about the latest version here or Download the latest version.
- Learn about Dynamic Select Box Based o Entered Data with this Profound Pro Tip.
Bringing the Node.js/help Backlog Down by 90% in 2 Months by Gireesh Punathil
For some time there was a large backlog of help issues in the Node.js/Help Repo (the repo covers general support with Nodejs), the backlog at one point reached well over 200 requests. Those requests were able to be brought down from over 200 to almost 20 in a 2-month span! This was only achieved through the collaboration and information exchange that is typical of the Node.js community.
To help both the end users of Node.js along with community itself, Gireesh answered these three questions to help prevent further backlogs of the Node.js/Help Repo.
- What are the most common types of issues reported?
- What are the most common reasons contributing to issue being opened?
- What are the most common paths to resolution?
9 Questions to Ask Any Vendor at Your Next Trade Show by Agiri Abraham Jr.
As the Spring COMMON conference approaches this month, we want to make sure everyone is prepared for the vendor sessions that will be taking place during the conference. Here are 9 questions that you should always be asking vendors that you are interested in working with:
- How long have you been in business? - This lets you know if their products have lasted the test of time.
- What makes you different than your competitors? - This gives you a chance to hear the vendor's mission statement.
- What are your support hours? - This will let you know how easy it will be to get help from them.
- What other products do you offer? - This lets you know if they are a one-trick-pony or if they have other services.
- What is the products pricing structure? - Ideally, you are looking for transparency in with their pricing structure.
- Do you work with companies like mine? - This lets you know if they have experience in your niche.
- What is your average on-boarding time? - It is key to get a realistic time frame to schedule around.
- Do you offer training for product users? - This will let you know what resources are available to you with the vendor.
- Can existing systems be integrated into your product? - This lets you know how much change will happen with your technology if you use their product.