Glad to have you back for this week's IBM i Pulse! Each week we will be taking a deeper look at the latest IBM i and Profound Logic news.
From Our Experts:
- Brian May shares his thoughts on Gifts to Give Yourself This Holiday on MC Press Online. Although the holidays are over, you should still consider investing in your computer career.
2017 in Review:
- Profound Logic's year-end State of IBM i Modernization survey for 2017 is completed! After surveying over 500 IBM i professionals, see how your modernization efforts stack up to the rest of the community.
- Rising Stack showcased the Highlights for the Node.js Community in 2017 by giving several statistics showing the power and popularity of Node.js.
New Educational Resources
- Alex Roytman shows you the secret on how to build a database-driven Single Page Applications with Profound.js.
- Featured Video: Liam Allan shows you how to set up a private repository for Profound.js development on your IBM i.
- Profound.js Framework provides RPG-like capabilities for Node.js; get started with Profound.js here.
- Learn how you can Troubleshoot Universal Display File Programs from our Profound Pro Tips Blog.
Cleared for Take Off with Node.js on IBMi by Jesse Gorzinski
Node.js can help you creating web services on the IBM i with just a few simple steps. In this article Jesse asks Tony Cairns, a senior software engineer at IBM, to walk you through an example of modernizing a green-screen application based on a fictitious airline ticketing system. It just a few simple steps Tony is able to show you how to use Node.js to create a web interface for the ticketing system on the IBM i.
This is a great example of the simplicity of Node.js and how easily it can be integrated with your IBM i system. Profound.js takes your web services to the next level with the Visual Design tool, allowing you endless possibilities with the modernization of your applications!
See the step by step instructions here
IBM Watson Machine Learning: Building a Logistic Regression Model by IBM DeveloperWorks
DeveloperWorks has created a video that shows you how to use Watson to build a logistic regression model that you could use to assess if a potential customer is willing to buy a product of yours. The Watson Machine Learning, Apache Spark, and Object Storage Instances are included in IBM Bluemix for this example. You should watch the two 'Getting Started' videos below before you continue with this example.
- “IBM Watson Machine Learning: Get Started With IBM Watson Machine Learning in IBM Bluemix“
- “IBM Watson Machine Learning: Create a project for Watson Machine Learning“
The IBM DeveloperWorks series has some great videos for IBM Developers all over the world. Interested in using Watson with your IBM i system? You can connect Watson to your IBM i with just a few steps using Profound.js.