Glad to have you back for this week's IBM i Pulse! Each week we will be taking a deeper look at the latest IBM i and Profound Logic news.
From Our Experts:
- Ted Holt answers a question on how to use a pure SQL solution to adjust data in his IT Jungle article: Update Conundrum Finally Solved!
2017 in Review:
- Profound Logic's year-end State of IBM i Modernization survey for 2017 is completed! After surveying over 500 IBM i professionals, see how your modernization efforts stack up to the rest of the community.
- Rising Stack showcased the Highlights for the Node.js Community in 2017 by giving several statistics showing the power and popularity of Node.js.
New Educational Resources
- Alex Roytman shows you the secret on how to build a database-driven Single Page Applications with Profound.js.
- Featured Video: Alex Roytman talks about the Three Approaches to User Interfaces with Profound.js.
- Profound.js Framework provides RPG-like capabilities for Node.js; see the 5 steps to install Profound.js.
- Learn how you can Create Interactive Charts with Profound UI from our Profound Pro Tips Blog.
Three IBM i Trends to Watch This Year by Alex Woodie
As 2018 begins, IT Jungle's Alex Woodie looks ahead to the new year and what 2018 could bring to the IBM i ecosystem. Alex also looks at how these trends could affect the IBM i professionals and how they can benefit from these new trends.
- Focus on Security - There is a clear shift towards defending the data on your IBM i marked by so many security breaches during 2017. Many IBM i companies will be looking to sure up their security in the new year.
- Modernization Stems Migration - A rejuvenation of modernizing legacy applications will go a long way in proving the viability of the IBM i business platform. Profound Logic is working to help create modern user interfaces to help change the perception of the IBM i.
- Power9 Roll-out and Adoption - IBM rolled out the Power9-base system late in 2017, which will kick-start a higher spending level across the entire IBM i ecosystem.
How I Got Into Node: Matteo Collina by Node.js Foundation
A talented developer based in Italy, Matteo has been a staple in the Node community since 2011 and is a strong contributor to the community through the Node.js Foundation. Here are some highlights of the interview with him:
"Node.js is the first platform where we can have immense productivity and very interesting performance. Java can be as fast as Node, or even faster, but it requires way more effort to do so."
"I believe in Node.js because it empowers developers to build new products at an accelerated pace. The amount of code that can be reused through npm is staggering. From tiny dev shops in Italy to multi-billion companies, Node.js improves the life of fellow developers."