Glad to have you back for this week's IBM i Pulse! Each week we'll take a deeper look at the latest IBM i and Profound Logic news. This week we are looking at the state of modernization in the IBM i community and an update on a potential merger in the Node.js community.
From Our Experts:
- Make sure you check out the replay of Scott Klement's session for the COMMON's Virtual Conference that happened this week!
Profound Logic News:
- Profound UI Mobile Client now Offers Offline Mode.
- See how easy RPG Integration is with our Genie tool.
- Profound.js allows an easy integration of IBM i and Watson's Natural Language API
- Here is a great way to Simplify Database Access with pjs.query() in this Profound Pro Tip.
- Profound UI Version 6 has a new Fix Pack that is available now!
What is the State of Your IBM i Modernization? by Amanda Blackburn
After turning 30 this year, the IBM i industry has had a year-long celebration with events all over the world. Few platforms ever reach that milestone, and with a roadmap that extends well into the next decade, those who have chosen the IBM i for their business needs have chosen wisely. But that doesn't mean that everyone is completely satisfied with the platform. Some in the IBM i community have invested to modernize their systems and applications, while others have decided to continue to see the platform through a legacy lens by continuing to run their applications via old monolithic 5250 greenscreens.
So how can an IBM i shop craft a modernization plan that enables them to take advantage of the recent technological advances without cutting the ties to the IBM i altogether? It starts with addressing the current state of modernization as a whole in the IBM i community.
Node.js Foundation and JS Foundation Intent to Merge Update by Node.js Foundation