Glad to have you back for this week's IBM i Pulse! Each week we will be taking a deeper look at the latest IBM i and Profound Logic news.
From Our Experts:
- Ted Holt talks about Using SELECT * With Cursors with IT Jungle.
- Brian May talks about the Gifts to Give Yourself This Holiday with MC Press.
Profound Logic in the News
- Boston Warehouse Trading Corporation found A Profound Replacement Their VisualAge RPG Applications with Profound Logic - via IT Jungle
- Press release: Profound Logic Announces Membership in Node.js Foundation
New Educational Resources
- Our new Profound.js Video series, featuring videos from Alex Roytman and Liam Allan, will jump start your Node-on-IBM i projects. Start using Node.js to modernize your applications today!
- Featured Video: Alex Roytman shows you Three Approaches to User Interfaces with Profound.js
- Profound UI v5.12 is now available, and includes enhancements to the Visual Designer, Genie, and JumpStart. Learn more here.
IoT and AI: Improving Customer Satisfaction by Daniel Newman
Both the Internet of Things (IoT) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) have a bright future in customer engagement and satisfaction. The ability to have a constant stream of data and the ability to utilize that data with AI means that there are endless possibilities to the future. That promise of customer satisfaction depends on the ability to process and act on all that data that is gathered in a meaningful and positive way for your customers. Within a few years, 89% of businesses will compete solely on customer experience. In this age of digital transformation, today's business' have new tools to help them create and maintain the types of relationships that their customers are craving. See Daniel's tips to incorporating effective and meaningful IoT and AI into your business strategy.
Practical RPG: APIs by Joe Pluta
There is no single avenue that is more extensive for programmers to access IBM i than Application Programming Interface or APIs. There are so many APIs available that IBM requires an entire website just to provide access to all the documentation. Joe has a three part series about the practicality of RPG and shows you how to use the vast resources to advance your application programs.