Glad to have you back for this week's IBM i Pulse! Each week we'll take a deeper look at the latest IBM i and Profound Logic news.
From Our Experts:
- Brian May's new articles for MC Press discusses Scary RPG Developer Habits.
Profound Logic News:
- Profound UI Version 6 has a new Fix Pack that is available now!
- Profound Logic now offers its Profound UI Mobile Clients an Offline Mode.
- Here is an Intro to Profound UI DDS Conversion tool.
- Learn how our application generation tool Jumpstart, works with Profound.js.
- Learn the 4 Fundamental Concepts of Using Profound.js and Node.js with this Profound Pro Tip.
The Top 10 Reasons to Attend Node.js Interactive by Node.js Foundation
Next week begins the 2018 Node.js Interactive conference and there are numerous reasons to attend, but the Node.js Foundation narrowed it down to their top 10 reasons:
- Real World Stories for Real-World Solutions: 50+ speakers will present and share their knowledge for real-world application of Node.js in their businesses.
- Beautiful Vancouver, Canada: Vancouver is a beautiful place to visit and spend time.
- The Perfect Amount of Options: There are many topics that are included in this conference designed to fit all of your needs as a business.
- Workshops: Besides the keynotes and panels that are offered, Node.js Interactive will also have a lot of hands-on workshops.
- Node.js Community Corner: This will help those who are interested in becoming more involved in the Node.js community.
- Top Minds Under One Roof: The most respected experts in the industry will be together at one event.
- It Goes Beyond the Tech: Beyond the technical discussions, the conference will also examine on-boarding processes, communication practices, and other helpful discussions.
- Meet Your Peers: Get to know those who are also in the industry.
- Make a Trip Out of It: Why not make this a work/vacation trip? Why not bring the family and enjoy Vancouver.
We also have a bonus reason for you to attend... Profound Logic's Alex Roytman will be there speaking at the event, don't miss his session on the power of Profound.js!
5 Tips for Working Under Management Unfamiliar with IBM i by Dana Boehler
- Be Patient - Even though you have spent countless hours learning the IBM i system, they may not have. Be patient as you work with them to help understand the importance of the IBM i platform.
- Be a Teacher - Because you know the system so well, you will be there point person on learning the importance of the IBM i system. Don't just be an advocate, be a teacher and help them understand how you use the IBM i platform.
- Where Possible, Reduce Your Reliance on Jargon - Many of the terms used by the IBM i community can easily be misinterpreted by someone who does not "speak that language."
- Recommend the Right Tool for the Job - The beauty of the IBM i platform is its ability to perform a multitude of functions, but you know which function is best for your company. Speak up!
- Learn from the Administrators of Other Platforms - Some of the most interesting things that can be done with the IBM i systems can be derived by learning from Windows, Linux, and Unix administrators.