Glad to have you back for this week's IBM i Pulse! Each week we will be taking a deeper look at the latest IBM i and Profound Logic news.
From Our Experts:
- Ted Holt is happy because At Last! A Tool To Search an Output Queue with IT Jungle.
- Brian May talks about his Intership Tales with MC Press.
Profound Logic in the News
- Brenntag North America finds the solution for IBM i (AS/400) application with Profound Logic: Continuous Improvement: Within Reach, Without Fear (via IT Jungle)
- Press release: Profound.js 2.0 Extends the Power of AgileModernization and Node.js on IBM i
New Educational Resources
- Our new Profound.js Video series, featuring videos from Alex Roytman and Liam Allan, will jump start your Node-on-IBM i projects. Start using Node.js to modernize your applications today!
- Featured Video: Scott Klement will show you how to use the Genie module of Profound UI to create a Context Menu on a 5250 sub-file.
- Profound UI v5.12 is now available, and includes enhancements to the Visual Designer, Genie, and JumpStart. Learn more here.
Node.js Core Values by Tracy Hinds
In its infancy, Node.js struggled with a cohesive strategy which gave a lack of clarity to its purpose. Now several in the Node.js community are beginning to do something about it. They are working together to create a core value system to help guide and nurture the growing community of Node.js programmers. They are working on creating a unified mission, vision, and values similar to that of a non-profit.
Node.js is made up of thousands of people working to making software faster and making empathetic APIs. By making things easier for those individuals who rely on Node.js, this community helps to improve the lives of those who run those Node.js programs as well as those who use those Node.js programs. This dedication to helping improve other's lives is the base for the new core values that this team of Node.js users is working to establish.
A Skills Shortage Solution Alert by Dan Burger
Recently Jim Buck (who will be speaking at this year's Profound Logic User Seminar) spoke with IT Jungle's Dan Burger about the solutions to helping companies overcome their programmer's lack of RPG skills. Jim has taught RPG at the college level for 15 years. He’s co-authored the modern RPG textbook. And he’s been on teams that developed modern RPG certification tests for IBM and COMMON, so he is considered one of the premiere teachers and influencers within the RPG community.
With his skills, Jim has created an online course to help facilitate the need for RPG skills in young programmers. The freedom an online course gives, allows students to learn at a pace that is best for their learning needs: “This is pretty much the way I did things while teaching at the college. Although at college I had to keep everyone in sync. There assignments were made the same day for everyone and they were all graded at the same time. A set schedule for everyone would restrict people too much in this IBM i program we are making available.”
November 15th-17th Profound Logic will be hosting our 2nd annual PLUS Seminar for their customers. Get the most value from your Profound Logic investment and assure your modernization success. Register here today!