Glad to have you back for this week's IBM i Pulse! Each week we will be taking a deeper look at the latest IBM i and Profound Logic news.
From Our Experts:
- Scott Klement talks about a Completely Free ILEditor and IBM Technology Refreash Recap in his newest monthly COMMON Blog.
Profound Logic News:
- Here is the official Press Release for Profound Logic's newest IBM Champion's Scott Klement and Liam Allan!
- New on-demand webinar available: Make Applications You'll Love with RPG and Node.js
- Alex Roytman shows you the secret on how to build a database-driven, single page, Node.js applications with Profound.js.
- Featured Videos:
- Profound UI 5.14 is now available! Learn more about the latest version here or Download the latest version.
- See how Profound Logic helped the Ecclesia Holding to utilize a graphical user interface to streamline their data. Customer Success Story.
Scaling Node.js Applications by Samer Buna
Scalability in Node.js is something that is ingrained in the core of the run-time. If you are running multiple nodes for your Node application or running a Node process on every CPU core of your production machine, then Node has a built-in module to help assist you with that. Node's cluster module gives you a solution that utilizes the full CPU power of a machine as well as helps you increase the availability of your Node processes and gives you an option to restart the whole application with no downtime. Samer dives into some of the strategies of scalability including:
- The Cluster Module
- Load Balancing an HTTP Server
- and more...
More Than One Million People Took Open Source Courses by Swapnil Bhartiya
Thankfully, groups like the Node.js Foundation are collaborating on projects to help cater to the growing demand for certified Node.js developers and have developed courses that are targeted to "green" developers. These courses come through a certification program that ensures that the developers have the skills necessary for the jobs that are being offered. Node.js is the future of application development! With Profound.js you can quickly and easily use Node.js to modernize your applications with a push of the button!