Glad to have you back for this week's IBM i Pulse! Each week we will be taking a deeper look at the latest IBM i and Profound Logic news.
From Our Experts:
- Ted Holt shows you how to Combine Related Rows Using SQL in his latest IT Jungle article.
Profound Logic News:
- Here is the official Press Release for Profound Logic's newest IBM Champion's Scott Klement and Liam Allan!
- Profound Logic developers Scott Klement, Liam Allan and Ted Holt will be in attendance at this year's RPG & DB2 Summit. Make sure you register today!
- New on-demand webinar available: Make Applications You'll Love with RPG and Node.js
- Alex Roytman shows you the secret on how to build a database-driven, single page, Node.js applications with Profound.js.
- Featured Video: Liam Allan shows you how to Create Your First Profound.js Web Service.
- Profound UI 5.13 is now available! If you are a current Profound UI customer you can download the latest version on our Download Page.
- See how Profound Logic helped the Colorado Lottery modernize their IBM i green screen application interfaces in this Customer Success Story.
IBM i Code Base is Elderly, the System is Not by Dan Burger
Many believe that the IBM i system as a whole is out dated and needs to be replaced. That is why you see so many failed migration and re-write attempts with IBM i businesses. The system itself is robust and modern, but the applications that run on the system can be outdated. This makes the IBM i as a whole seem sluggish and outdated.
As Paul Tuohy says, “The problem is not with the platform. It’s with the applications. The problems with old apps get rolled over to the platform. Making it guilty by association." Paul and other IBM i experts discuss the best practices in helping to eliminate the negative perception of your IBM i system.