Glad to have you back for this week's IBM i Pulse! Each week we'll take a deeper look at the latest IBM i and Profound Logic news.
From Our Experts:
- Ted Holt has a new articles for IT Jungle that teaches you to Make It Easy On Someone Else.
Profound Logic News:
- Profound UI Version 6 is now available! Check out what we have updated.
- Profound Logic showcases Profound UI Mobile Clients Offers Offline Mode.
- Here is an Introduction to Profound UI's Grid Widget capabilities.
- Check out the 6 Top Features for Profound UI Version 6.
- Check out Profound.js API Increase Responsivness in Tabs with this Profound Pro Tip.
In Memory of Dan Burger by Timothy Prickett Morgan
All of us here at Profound Logic where saddened by the sudden passing of IT Jungle's Dan Burger. Dan was an amazing advocate for the IBM i community. He did his best to bring knowledge and understanding to the readers of IT Jungle (and even a laugh or two). His passing has sent a shock wave through the community, but his memory will live on. Our thoughts are with his family and his colleges at IT Jungle. Below is a link to Timothy's article on Dan and his impact on IT Jungle and the IBM i community as a whole.
How I Got into Node.js: Matteo Collina by Node.js Foundation
"I had my first exposure to programming at the age 4 when my dad was copying C64 video games from magazines — I was usually sitting on his lap watching him through the process. I started coding at around 7 or 8, developing little games."
"I picked Node.js to build most of my Ph.D. code, and it was a key decision that shaped up my career. My Ph.D. focused on the real-time web and IoT."
"Node.js is the first platform where we can have immense productivity and very interesting performance. Java can be as fast as Node, or even faster, but it requires way more effort to do so."